Sunday, November 11, 2007

Didn't I blow your mind this time...



YESS!!!! We finally started the real work for this next project. Wa'Jee has dubbed it "Food, Clothes and Shelter"...FCS for short. I like it. His reasoning behind it was that the title was something everybody can relate to, hence making it something everyone needs. I guess each and everyone of us has our own genius in some form or fashion...

This album is going to be very, well, personal for Jee and the rest of us. Ken and I were talking about how FCS is going to be different from Younger Frame because of it's content. Younger Frame was an album for Jee to say "hey, I can write thought provoking shit, and I'm clever with it." It was an album to garner interest and intrigue those that were willing to listen. FCS is here to get everyone into his mind and his soul...to see who this brother really is. We're all excited about it and we can't wait to get it done.

On my side, I'm on a whole different plateau musically, mentally, emotionally--even physically. I'm going to have so much fun making this album it's hard for me to convey that feeling and passion to others. When December hits I'm going to have all the time in the world (at least until early/mid-January) to attack this project fully. I might even fuck around and get my own shit done (which I've been putting off for the longest time). Not to put my foot in my mouth and say something too outlandish, but I feel really good about the future. I'm leaving some things behind that have been really irritating me (changing schools is one of those things)--I'm starting to take action on what I've been thinking about for way too long.

In other news, I have a gift for you all. I'm aiming to make it a monthly gift, actually. I've started a podcast that I call "Astro Funk". It's a collection of random mixes of whatever I'm feeling at the time. I was going to call it "iPod de Issues" but that sounded a bit lame...
The link to the feed is http://issues.podbean.com/feed
For some reason iTunes hasn't listed it in their podcast section yet. I sent in the URL weeks ago, and I really don't know what else to do. So, in the meantime, just use that link to the feed and download it that way.

Here are some instructions to download it though iTunes without using the store (copied directly from iTunes, so please excuse the bubbly language):

A podcast I want to subscribe to isn't available in the iTunes Store.

It's easy to subscribe to any podcast using iTunes, even ones that aren't available in the iTunes Store. To subscribe, find and copy the podcast's feed URL. In the "Advanced" menu, select "Subscribe to Podcast" and paste the feed URL into the dialog box.

Welp, there you go.

I know you've been wondering "What the hell is that video at the top?" Well, I'm glad you asked buddy! It's a video of Eddie Hazel, the guitarist from the early days of Funkadelic, playing one of the most famous guitar solos from the title track of the Funkadelic LP "Maggot Brain". I was on youtube wasting precious time and thought I'd share it, seeing as how it's one of my favorite songs of all time. It really has nothing to do with this post, but it's good and I strongly suggest you sit and listen--standing is okay, too.

On that random note, I bid you farewell until next time. It's almost 3am and I got stuff to do early tomorrow...

piece

No comments: